Student Support Services
Welcome to Student Services
Services for students at Coulter Grove are varied. Coulter Grove is fortunate to employ 2 full time school counselors, each serving two grade levels with which they will remain with until their transition to MJHS. The counseling program is comprehensive and is designed to support student achievement (SOAR), administrative staff and teachers.
School Counselors provide student support in a variety of ways:
- Relationship building with our students
- Individual or group counseling as needed
- Flight School Instructor (encore class with a curriculum designed to support the transition and success of 4th graders from the elementary level to the intermediate level)
- LEA for special education meetings
- Coordination of Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Coordination of all state achievement testing
- Program designs and solutions for dealing with and identifying conflict, bullying (ABC school wide anti-bullying campaign) as well as social and emotional issues
- Morning school assignments for excessive tardies and truancy meetings
Our counselors work with parents and teachers to provide a safe, confidential setting where services are provided to students in need of individualized counseling, academic or behavioral support. Counselors are available by appointment. Student Services also registers new students and maintains student records.